Thursday, December 13

christmas creativity

So Sergio bought this book called "Guerrilla Art Kit" which is an instruction manual for producing art in public places.

I think it's a great idea. Even more so because we live at a university, where we would be able to see our own creations all the time.

Last night I was lying in bed, and I remembered that I had thrown away a pair of pants in the morning. They had a hole in them, which made them perfect for guerrilla artwork. By the time I fished them out of the garbage can, they had a huge hot sauce stain on the left leg.

Maybe I could write on them something like: "think about other people for a change". Or maybe that's too agressive. The book advises using one word exhortations, like "dream", "live", "question everything". But I think those are so cliched.

This reminds me of the time I posted an open letter on the wall in my hall last year. We had just experienced the fires, and everyone was a little on edge. I thought the best thing to do would be to write a letter to them, telling them what was going on, and post it to the wall. I considered that maybe people wouldn't read it because it was too long, but I saw several people stopping in their tracks and reading the whole thing. Kind of like the President's State of the Union Address. Except much less important. But the same idea.

I totally agree that it's cool to post thoughts and bits of yourself around. I think it's interesting; I would read it if someone else posted it.

I think it will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home